Appreciate Those you Love

Appreciate Those you Love



 My mom is my best friend. I love her to bits. I love when she's home and dread the days when she works and I'll barely see her at all. When she is home, we always make the best of those days together.

About two days ago, my Mom and I were in a Tim Hortons drive-thru. We were both in the car, about to get our coffees. We were laughing and singing to her CD's, having a good time when she realized how slowly the line-up was moving . She started getting annoyed. I said to her, "Hey, no, the longer we are in this line-up, the more time we spend together." She thought about it and agreed.

Most people would look at that situation and get annoyed. But I really wanted to see it as an opportunity to be with someone I love. I look back at times in the past that I wished that I had cherished more; times with people I was close to that passed away, friends that I left, or just old memories. I didn't realize a lot of those times were so significant and important until I could never relive them again. Now I will cherish and appreciate every single moment with every single person. They are all so precious and I don't want to take them for granted. You shouldn't either.

You'll be just fine,

Kaylie


Comments